The Rail Loader will report to Operations Supervisor
Flexicrew is looking for individuals who are able to load vehicles onto rail cars. This is a very physical demanding position using heavy tools, confined spaces, driving vehicles up ramps
Responsibilities and Duties
- Performing duties to prepare rail cars for shipment such as: opening and closing rail car doors, setting bridge plates, blowing trash out of rail cars, chocking vehicles, chock replacement. * Performing daily inspections on bridge plates and chocks.
- Loading and unloading vehicles onto rail cars in compliance with company quality standards.
- Ensure vehicles are spotted according to customer standards within the rail car.
- Ensure vehicles are properly spaced within the rail and secure vehicles according to customer standards onto outbound rail cars.
- Lubing the rail cars, graphite door tracks and other moving mechanical parts. etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Strong work history (including good attendance and good safety record).
- Demonstrates the ability to carry out specific work procedures and follows directions of supervisors and lead persons.
- Job does not require GED/diploma
- Must pass drug test/background check
- Must be able to bend, twist, and stand for 10 to 12 hour shift.
- Must be able to work overtime both daily and weekend.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR for prior 2 years.
PEOPLE MATTER at Flexicrew. Matching the right people with the right clients is what we do best. Apply now for a new career opportunity!
· 4th Fastest growing staffing firm in the US – Staffing Industry Analysts
· 7-time winner of Best of Staffing award
· 10 locations AND GROWING!
· Easy online employee portal – view paystubs, W2’s, job schedule, assignment detail