Industrial Maintenance Technician
Position Core Role:
Overall experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical and electrical components. Understanding of blueprints and electrical schematics, robot, and PLC programming.
Essential Function and Responsibilities:
- Support department in achieving daily production targets.
- Perform daily equipment inspection/checks for abnormal situations.
- Document daily equipment related activities.
- Suggest and implement approval ideas that reduce repeat or potential downtime.
- Support weekend and plant shutdown activities.
- Preventative maintenance and continuous improvement of equipment and tools as required in order to guarantee Safety, Quality, and Delivery targets.
- Equipment modifications as required to support business plan initiatives, new model requirements or other retooling requirements.
What you need to be successful in the role:
- Daily reporting and tracking of activities: Plan, Do, Check, Action follow up items.
- Immediate response to production floor needs/requirements.
- Compliance with all safety policies and regulations.
- Able to communicate clearly in verbal and written format.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Be flexible to change work hours as needed.
- Able to analyze problems and determine root causes.
- Strong self-direction and drive.
- Capacity to develop a high level of expertise/aptitude in mechanical and electrical areas.
- 2-5 years maintenance experience in an industrial environment or
- 0-2 years maintenance experience with a degree or technical certificate
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
A few other important details:
- Willing to work either 2nd or 3rd shift.
- Must be flexible on work schedule changes due to training and some travel for training.
***Candidate can apply to www.Honda.com/careers
- Question may be directed to: Anessa_taylor@na.honda.com