- GREENSBURG – One person was killed when a car left the interstate early Tuesday, struck a concrete barrier and burst into flames, police said.
- GREENSBURG – Short on staff due to several recent departures, Greensburg Fire officials added a new firefighter last week and hope to hire another while encouraging current and future department members to spend their entire careers in the Tree City.
- GREENSBURG – Many school days follow a set routine that both students and staff become used to, but schools must also prepare for emergency situations.
- Bobby Pruett, a Terre Haute North Vigo High School senior, needs a 21st Century Scholarship to afford college, and he’s paying close attention to new state requirements and deadlines.
- The American epidemiologist whose unwavering leadership resulted in the eradication nearly 40 years ago of smallpox, one of the world's most feared contagious diseases, has died.
- The oldest millennials — nearing 20 when airplanes slammed into New York City's Twin Towers — are old enough to remember the relative economic prosperity of the 1990s, and when a different Clinton was running for president. The nation's youngest…
- VW's Emissions Battles Around the World Are Heating Up
Governments, investors and car owners around the world are gaining ground in efforts to pressure Volkswagen fo...more
- Best Buy Shares Jump as Online Sales Climb
Best Buy reported a surprise increase in second-quarter sales, helped by a sharp jump in its online business a...more
- Disney and Vice, a Storybook Romance
The family-friendly entertainment conglomerate, worried about reaching young men in an era of cable-cutting, i...more
- Low Earners See Paychecks Grow
For Americans in the bottom quarter of the income scale, pay is rising at the fastest rate since the recession...more
- Spotify in Talks Over Music Rights
As Spotify gears up for a potential initial public offering next year, the music-streaming service is missing ...more
- U.S. New Home Sales Rise to Highest Level Since 2007
Sales of newly built homes jumped 12.4% in July to the highest level in since October 2007, a sign of solid mo...more
Greensburg Daily News
Wall Street Journal U.S. Business
Welcome - We're Glad You're Here
Whether you are just visiting or are a new resident to our community, Greensburg and Decatur County, Indiana, and the local Chamber of Commerce is Open for Business. We invite you to share in a lifestyle that's rich in history and pride. We are a community that believes in family values, quality education, and the development of our industry, agriculture and businesses.
Since 1906, the Greensburg/Decatur County Chamber of Commerce has served a progressive community, including the efforts of our supporting members. The Chamber of Commerce accomplishes collectively what no one business can do alone.
Greensburg and Decatur County is conveniently located in Southeastern Indiana, halfway between Indianapolis, IN and Cincinnati, OH along Interstate 74 with access from U.S. Highway 421 and State roads 3 and 46. Our location is also convenient for access to Louisville, KY, less than an hour and half drive to the south.
Our Mission is to:
Build a Positive Business Environment by Providing:
- Strategic Leadership
- Resources for Our Members
The Greensburg/Decatur County Chamber of Commerce takes pride in supporting our membership. We serve a growing, enthusiastic group of members interested in networking, information, growth and providing services to meet the needs of our wonderful community.
We encourage you to use this site as a means to find the services, businesses or information about Greensburg and Decatur County that interests you. And by all means, if you can't find what you are looking for or if you need additional information, please don't hesitate to give us a call at 812-663-2832. You may also email your questions to: email@example.com
The Greensburg/Decatur County Chamber of Commerce is a valuable resource in meeting the needs of businesses including those entrepreneurs considering starting a business or helping a business relocate to the area. We've been doing it since 1906. We can help.
We look forward to making your experience a remarkable one. After all – Greensburg, Decatur County Indiana and the local Chamber of Commerce is Open for Business